Upload File Failing Without Warning

This post refers: Upload file to Linux folder without touch and chmod

Yang, please advise what notification Core Shell is supposed to provide if I try to upload a file and it cannot? I deliberately use file-level write-enabling so stop me uploading the wrong file in the wrong folder (or machine!) and if the path is wrong when I try to upload, there is not sound nor dialog displayed to tell me this has failed. For some workflows this causes me many steps before I realise why something is not working, and a simple >bing< noise when the upload fails would prevent this.

Kind regards keep safe.
Jonathan

There is no notifications of any sort at present. But I agree with you, a certain kind of hint can make the work easier.

Will add options to allow push failure messages to Notification Center.

I consider it's a feature, not a bug, so I move this topic to "Request Feature" category.

Thanks a lot,

Yang

Core Shell version 2.7 was released last week, it sends notifications on transfer failures.

It's enabled by default, and you could disable it in Preferences

Thanks. I have enabled this - and the right settings are in Settings, but get no notifications if I try to upload a file which fails. Please advise what I need to do to make it work? Perhaps the failure to shut down the app is connected to this?

Keep safe.

JG

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 12.00.32

Please note The notifications only reveal when Core Shell at background.

Ah - okay. That is a great pity, this does not help my workflow as I have several Core Shell windows open all day long... Thanks for letting me know.

Kind regards, keep safe.

Jonathan

@yang PLEASE can I make another request for some sort of warning within Core Shell when an upload fails? This happens to me several times a day because the remote folders resynchronise with a repository regularly and I have to change permissions again to allow me to upload edited files. It seems very strange that this facility does not exist at the moment unless I make Core Shell go into the background.
Keep safe, Jonathan

1 Like

I agree with you, will improve it in next update.

Thank you for the comment.

Yang