Add comment to terminal when uploading a file

I use Core Shell extensively to upload files to a number of dev servers, in amongst other remote tasks on the command line. I would find it very useful, when looking back at the remote terminal, to be able to see at what point I uploaded a file to that machine.
I suggest adding a comment as a command line entry on the remote terminal (in the case of a Linux terminal, preceded by the # character) and adding the date and time, plus the full path of the source and destination file.
Perhaps others would find it useful to be able to see the same for downloading files as well.
And of course, it should be optional.

Keep safe,

Jonathan

I have been thinking about add a comment for the up/download entry these days. It's easy to add such info, the problem is how to show it to user without clutter the UI.

All solutions I can think of is add an inspector for the up/download entry, it's a similar view as remote shell's Inspector, but concerned with SFTP information like local path, remote path, as well as timestamp.

The inspector could contain connection log which can help user diagnoses transfer problems.

In this way, the user interface could keep neat, while all essential information have a centralized place.

Please share you thoughts if you have any suggestions on UI design.

Thank you very much,

Yang