What is differnce btw Core shell app and Ssh shell app?

I am confused about these apps what is difference btw them?

Can you guys explain it which to use for ssh activity.

Core Shell is the 2nd generation of SSH Shell. The role of Core Shell is similar to Core Tunnel as explained in this post:

So, just go ahead with Core Shell.

Where do I set the color scheme of a connection in Core Shell?

Why can’t the list of hosts always be displayed as a menu on the left?

Why can’t the list of hosts populate with the entries from my .ssh/config file?

Thanks
Mikael

1 Like

What's your favorite color scheme? Are you using different bg/fg color for different host?

I see little reason to to pin the host list on the left, the side list turns to be useless and distractive when a terminal window opened.

It can be improved in the future release.

Ok, Thanks.

I want to use Dracula scheme in core-shell. How I do that?

Hi!

Not different colors for different hosts but just the normal customizations you find in most terminal apps like iTerm. Nothing fancy but a few color schemes would be nice. My preference is alway a light scheme. Black text on white background. No color schemes for me. Sometime I switch to a dark scheme (white text on dark background) if it works better in web conferences or at night etc.

I should add that the current yellow background not something I would never chose. Not in a million years;-)

Showing the menu or not should be an option. We don’t all have the same opinions on what’s a distraction;-)

My .ssh/config file is my source of truth. Would definitely like to see it reflected in the app.

Thanks
Mikael

So, I cannot modify the shell colors in core shell.

More color themes will be introduced gradually, but color customization is not in the list, unless we find a reason that can hardly resist.

It’s true, at least for the moment :frowning:

Not even via a preference file edit? I really can’t stand that yellow background.

We will add more carefully selected color themes, the beige one will not the only one :smile:

Why can’t the list of hosts always be displayed as a menu on the left?

I see little reason to to pin the host list on the left, the side list turns to be useless and distractive when a terminal window opened.

--> For me this is an essential option to SSH SHELL ... I have about 10 ssh connection open on several server and have them all on the same window with the sidebar is the main reason for the purchase of SSH SHELL ..

I’ll reinvestigate the session sider, thanks a lot for sharing your case.

1 Like

Core Shell 1.4 has eight color schemes built in, @akkefa includes your favorite scheme Dracula.