Switching from Apple Store to Codinn Store version

Seeing the announcement of the removal of Core Helper from the App Store version, and which functionality requires the Codinn Store version, I wanted to switch. So I've downloaded it and installed the Codinn Store version.

Now I simply wish to migrate my tunnels, but I run into an issue there.

• The export option for tunnels in the App Store version ("basic" 3.8.6 (89336), 2024-05-21) is grayed out.
  • The Codinn Store version ("direct", same version number) does not automatically import the tunnels from the App Store version. I'm not sure if it was supposed to do anything like that, but if it was, this didn't work for me.

I have a backup of the CoreSSH.sqlite file if needed.

Perhaps you can describe what steps are best to take, in which particular order, for a switch between versions?

Your profiles still there, I've added a new section "Migrate profiles" in this topic:

Quit Codinn Store version and run this command:

cp ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel/Data/Library/Application\ Support/io.coressh.tunnel/CoreSSH.sqlite* ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel-direct/Data/Library/Application\ Support/io.coressh.tunnel-direct/

Then you should get your profiles back, let me know if you need assistance.

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Thank you! I used the commands from the article you linked to which includes copying the -wal and -shm files and that worked perfectly. Have a good day!

1 Like