Core Shell LC_CTYPE warning

When I switch to Core Shell, every time I login into remote host, this warnings shows.

-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory

I try to so many ways to figure out, but always failed.

I wonder how to solve it. Thanks.

you may see the config file url in the beginning of terminal window, edit that file(with a #) solve the problem.

Does it happen when you connect with ssh command?

Thanks. What means edit that file?

I connect the host with single click.

The terminal window shows.

22:09:29 ----------------------------------------
22:09:29 Equivalent Command: ssh -tt -F "/Users/xxx/Library/Group Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.ssh/.ssh/config" -i "/Users/xxx/Library/Group Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.ssh/.ssh/privatekey/id_rsa_xxx" -o ServerAliveCountMax=3 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=15 -o ConnectTimeout=15 -o CheckHostIP=yes -p xxxxx robin@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
22:09:29 Connecting…
22:09:30 Authenticating…
22:09:33 Connected
Last login: Sat Nov 24 14:07:41 2018 from 116.22.35.93
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory

vim /Users/xxx/Library/Group Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.ssh/.ssh/config

hashtag all lines

save

done

1 Like

Use any editor open file ~/Library/Group\ Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.ssh/.ssh/config, and comment last two lines with “#” prefix, that should solve the problem.

Great, it works. Thank you both. BTW, is it known issue? Maybe need publish standard configuration file.

That is the exactly standard default configuration come with OpenSSH.

4 posts were split to a new topic: LC_CTYPE warning after enable PWD reporting