Very slow new tab and finding profile and 2) ssh to older linux by rsa key denied

Core shell Version: 3.6.1
macOS Monterey
macbook air 2018, i5, 8GB

1. My usual work process with Core shell now:
    Ctrl+T ..waiting 3-5 sec while opening profile list window ... Ctrl+F to place cursor into the search field... (and already typed a few letters for filter ) ... waiting... freezing...
    edit typos in the filter ...wait... found profile! Open session.

I would like to downgrade to an older version of CS. Is it possible to download from some archive?

2). I can't connect by ssh key to sort of older debian linux servers (maybe Jessie, maybe Stretch), but there is no problem with connecting from macos standard Terminal app. Core Shell aksing me for a password (seems it don't accept a key exchange algorithm).

I added ssh-rsa via advanced settings, but it does not work:

Equivalent Command: ssh -A -o ServerAliveInterval=15 -o CheckHostIP=yes -o ConnectTimeout=15 -o PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms=ssh-rsa -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes -o ServerAliveCountMax=3 -p 22 root@192.168.2.200

00:43:14 Connecting…

00:43:14 Using Core Helper 6.6 (r3386)

00:43:14 Authenticating…

00:43:14 Unable to negotiate with 192.168.2.200 port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss

00:43:14 Abnormal Disconnect

Please set HostkeyAlgorithms to +ssh-rsa, PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms is for public key algorithms:

Error: no matching host key type found

[TIMESTAMP] Unable to negotiate with [HOST] port [PORT]: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss
Set HostkeyAlgorithms to +ssh-rsa in Advanced options in Settings of the profile.

Yang

What's your macOS Monterey version? How many profiles do you have? And could you please try rest the SMC of your Mac.

Kindly Regards,

Yang

So +ssh-rsa is required for both algorithms (for only Host.. or Pubkey.. it does not works).
Fixed, thanks. Can this be defined globally somewhere?

BTW, opening a profile in the new tab by default instead of the current can help to save time by opening a profile list each time when you need a new connection. I have a lot of profiles and open up to 10 servers several times a day.

My current Monterey is 12.0.1 (21A559)

Downloading the update now, but release notes do not contain any related fixes IMO.

I will reset SMC later today and give you feedback.

You do not have to set both algorithms, it depends on your remote host complains no matching host key type found or Permission denied (publickey).:

Edit ~/.ssh/config and add following lines:

Host *
    HostkeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa

Please read ssh_config man page if you want fine grained control over hosts.

We have a preference for it here:

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Missed a new tab checkbox, thanks

Edit ~/.ssh/config - works, thanks

Maybe I disabled "open in new" option because when you press hotkey cmd+T - a new Profiles tab opens, and when you work in this way permanently, you will have a lot of opened Profiles tabs.

Pining of Profiles tab and switching to already opened Profiles tab when you press cmd+T - should be more optimal behavior.

Updated to the latest OS and did SMC reset - slow motion was not disappeared.
I work with a lot of profiles, but can't say you how much - there is no stat info.

Could you please tell me the total number of profiles?

Select all profiles in list view, then click Shell from main menu, you will find the exact number of profiles:

Yang

I'm within free version, I think this feature is available for premium only.

I just sent you a redeem code for premium license, please check your Message box.

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Thanks for sharing!

I have 319 profiles)

BTW, drug-n-drop of profile(s) to the required tag - is awesome!
I just tried, and it works. It will help me to sort my hundreds of profiles.

After removing many old profiles, I now have 288 profiles - a much faster interface response!
Don't know if it can be related, I also sorted many connections with tags.

Thank you very much for feedback, I'll investigate this issue and try to fix it in next update.

Kindly Regards,

Yang