"update_coreshell_cwd: command not found" when using VSCode internal shell

Hi,

I use VSCode for remote development, when I install the file transfer trigger script (install.sh) in the server, I get an error when execute command in the internal terminal of VSCode: update_coreshell_cwd: command not found.

I found that VSCode will modify $PROMPT_COMMAND to "__vsc_prompt_cmd_original", how should the two software be compatible in this case, I seem to find the problem but can't solve it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I did a quick test on one of my server which has file direct transfer enabled, simply could not reproduce this issue.

I also found a similar issue report of VS Code:

Which version of VS Code are you using? And here is my version info:

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Indeed, I did a test on another windows host and did not find the problem. It seems that we only have different CPU architectures. We do not rule out this difference in implementation. In addition, maybe I installed some plugins in vscode? It seems almost impossible.

my vscode version info:

local extensions (Mac's VSCode):
Jupyter Keymap and Remote Development;

remote extensions (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS):
Anaconda Extension Pack, autoDocsing, Github Copilot, Python, Pylance and YAML.

Would you mind attach ~/.bashrc and workbench/contrib/terminal/browser/media/shellIntegration-bash.sh in your remote server?

You can find the path of shellIntegration-bash.sh by executing:

code --locate-shell-integration-path bash

Kindly Regards,

Yang

I put these files on GitHub for access. Thanks!!!

Thank you for the files. After comparing shellIntegration-bash.sh files of your remote server and vscode repo, I found that the copy in your remote server is outdated:

It seems you have to upgrade vscode in your remote side.

Kindly Regards,

Yang