Oddity with Autocomplete in ZSH/Oh-My-ZSH

Hello,

I've noticed an odd bug with the latest version of CoreShell (3.5).

I'm using ZSH, with Oh-My-ZSH installed, with the autocomplete extension. When I start typing a command I've used before, I get an autocomplete popup that I can either ignore or use to auto-complete the command.

When a suggestion pops up, I can't see the cursor anymore. It's clearly still there, but it's an opaque square that covers up the character beneath it. Right now, it's black on a black background when it bugs (instead of green on a black background), which is fairly confusing.

It's been entirely too long since I've coded anything, and I never did a lot of GUI work, but I wonder if this might be an alpha channel issue?

Here's an example.

If I give focus to another application (like this browser window), it's visible again.

Hi John,

What version of Oh-My-ZSH and which theme are you using?

BTW, is system Terminal.app behavior normally on this host?

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Same here (and more). Since yesterday, when 3.5 magically kicked in, my remote ZSH started to:

• hide auto-completed parts of a prompt / command
  • show passwords clear text when prompted
  • arrows are converted to ^[0D, ctrl+d stopped working and so on

I switched to regular Terminal ssh connection and all is normal there. What happened?

@yang ,

Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

Here's Terminal. Aside from not having patched fonts, it's behaving as expected:

Looks like I misspoke. I'm using antigen as my plugins manager, with the following plugins installed and at the latest version:

Updating robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh@master... Done. Took 1s.
Updating romkatv/powerlevel10k@master... Done. Took 1s.
Updating zsh-users/zsh-autosuggestions@master... Done. Took 0s.
Updating zsh-users/zsh-completions@master... Done. Took 1s.
Updating zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting@master... Done. Took 1s.

I'm working on this issue, install and enable Core Helper should fix this issue.

I'm sorry about the issue :frowning:

Yang

Thanks for working on this, and the info on Core Helper. Will installing that longside the Setapp version cause any issues?

The Setapp version is unaffected by the issue which @adam.oczos has reported:

You don't have to install Core Helper if you are using Setapp version.

Yang

Oh!

Sorry. I didn't realize my issue had a different cause. (I'm using the Setapp version.)

Core Shell 3.5.1 has released, the issue (terminal cursor disappears under certain conditions) has been fixed in this update:

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Kindly Regards,

Yang

Thanks again for working on this. I look forward to grabbing it as soon as it’s on Setapp. :slight_smile: