Menu bar icon vanishes

Hi there!
I am running 10.15.6 and CoreTunnel MAS 2.4.1 and the CoreTunnel menu bar icon only briefly shows up after the system launches and then vanishes again.
Even when toggling the CT preferences from "Both" to "Menu Bar" for example nothing happens.
Any idea what could be causing this and how to resolve it?

Hi, I'm sorry about the issue, could you please take a screenshot of status menu bar when the icon vanished?

Kindly Regards,

Yang

The issue is apparently caused by using BarTender or the menu element control tool from Parallels Tools.
Without any of the menu bar item control apps the CoreTunnel menu bar icon will show up normally.

Could you check into that please as I really would like to continue using BarTender.

Best,
Tillman

Hi Tillman, Core Tunnel uses Apple's SDK API NSStatusBar, it's the common practice to create a menu bar icon, no magical things.

I'm not a user of BarTender, and since the status icon work with system menu bar, I have no clue of what leads to icon vanishes, could you please also contact BarTender for help? I will provide any assistance necessary, including technical details.

Kindly Regards,

Yang

1 Like