Help with a 'how to' compared to SSH Tunnel

Hi - I've been using SSH Tunnel to establish a dynamic port forward to a Bastion server on AWS, and then a second tunnel to the target server using the first tunnel as a SOCKS5 proxy. Can I do the same with Core Tunnel? I haven't succeeded so far.

In SSH tunnel, my first tunnel to the Bastion looks like this:

My second tunnel like this:

I've reproduced the first tunnel in Core Tunnel with the dynamic port forward, and that works OK. I can then successfully start the second tunnel in SSH Tunnel, but can't work out how to reproduce the second tunnel in Core Tunnel. Can anyone help?

In Core Tunnel, you do not need to use HTTPS/SOCKS proxy for host jumping, use "Proxy Jump" option instead:

My problem is that the private key for bastion host is different than the private key for the destination host, hence the need for a SOCKS proxy.

Unless there’s a way to specify a separate key for the bastion host like I can in an .ssh/config file (via two host entries)?

We just released version 1.1.2, adds support for using system default ssh_config. Go to Preferences…, Locations and set Configuration to System, then Core Tunnel will use your ~/.ssh/config as in command line.

1 Like

Perfect!

Works great, thank you.