Feature request: run a command in a new local terminal from a script (URL scheme/AppleScript)

Hi Yang and team,

First, I really love Core Shell. It's my daily terminal and I use it through Setapp.

Suggestion: I'd like to open a new local terminal tab that runs a given command from a script, for example coreshell:local?command=…&newtab=true, or through AppleScript again (do script seems to be gone in v5.1.1). A Shortcuts action "Run command in new terminal" would also work. My use case: my automation scripts sometimes need me to type a secret interactively, and today they have to fall back to Terminal.app.

Question: I'd like to use Core Shell on 2 Macs and my iPhone. Setapp only covers one Mac per member on my plan, and adding devices there is far too expensive. What's the best way for me: an App Store Premium purchase used together with the Codinn Store build on the Macs? And since I'm already paying for Core Shell through Setapp, could you offer me a discount on that license?

Thanks a lot,
Vincent Keunen

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your support and for the suggestion!

Core Shell has supported URL schemes for a long time, but passing a command to execute isn't supported yet. I'll try to add support for this in the next release.

See Open Connections with Core Shell URL Schemes for the currently supported options.

I'd recommend purchasing directly from the Codinn Store. The 4-year premium license comes with a 25% discount. Also, when the iOS version becomes a paid app, your license will extend to the iOS version as well.

Kind Regards,

Yang