Help with Core Tunnel

Hi,

I have new version of core tunnel, suddenly stop working and won't open. how can solve this ?

Thanks

Any crash log displayed? If not, what's the version of macOS? Are you using a M1 Mac? Is there any suspicious log item in Console.app ?

Yang

no open, no appear nothin, im using M1, where can get log?

I try to forward remote port 443 to local port 8080, I apply this rule

ssh -L localhost:8080:18.206.148.190:443 -o ServerAliveInterval=15 -o ServerAliveCountMax=3 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes administrator@18.206.148.190

when try to open webpage in localhost didn't work

something is wrong?

Open Console.app, click Start button, type in "tunnel" in search bar, then launch Core Tunnel:

Yang

The correct command should be:

ssh -L localhost:8080:localhost:443 -o ServerAliveInterval=15 -o ServerAliveCountMax=3 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes administrator@18.206.148.190

The second "localhost" means the local host name on remote 18.206.148.190.

Yang

Did you enabled Menu bar icon mode in Preferences? Please check if this icon in your Menu bar:

I can't open windows, no load nothing, I restart my Mac but still happen the same.

Could you please run this command:

mv ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel.bak

Then restart your Mac and relaunch Core Tunnel?

Yang

(base) ja@MBP-M1skyonesco ~ % mv ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel.bak
mv: rename /Users/ja/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel to /Users/ja/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel.bak: No such file or directory

restart and same behavior :frowning:

Well, I think I've found the cause.

~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel should be created by system for Core Tunnel automatically, but for unknown reason, it didn't created as expected.

So when you try to rename the directory, it warns you it does not exists.

It should be a macOS fault. Do other newly installed apps work? Do you have installed third-party software like CleanMyMac or other protection/ cleaner tool?

Yang

Only use antivirus.

But no appear any events in my antivirus with core tunnel, this behavior happen in new version. old version works as normal

The container directory ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel is managed by macOS, and the app (aka. Core Tunnel) has no privilege to rename or delete this folder.

Could you please give 3.0.1 beta a try? It has a different container folder named io.coressh.tunnel-beta.

Yang

Work ok this version beta, but what happen with official version ?

Have no idea about this glitch at this moment, but obviously it should be a macOS or third-party fault. The beta and official release have same codebase.

Please Quit Core Tunnel (Beta), and try again with this command:

cp -R ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel-beta ~/Library/Containers/io.coressh.tunnel

Then restart your Mac again and relaunch Core Tunnel public release afterwards, it may be functional again.

Yang

The issue is with core tunnel, core shell work perfect!

Though it's highly unlikely an issue of the app, I'll keep an eye on it.

Yang

Dear Yang,
Thank you very much for providing Tune Core / Shell for free and supported all the users for long years. I was a fan of Tune's.
But the latest upgrade for 8.8 didnt worked for me. In fact ı could not figure out what to do :(.
Maybe it would be wise to update the version of tune's. thank you Yang

Thank you for choosing our apps.

Could you please send me a copy of connection log, it can help me identify the problem.

Kindly Regards,

Yang