Core Shell wants to use your confidential information stored in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in your keychain

I'm on Big Sur, with Core Shell Basic v2.7 installed.

My daily work involves SSH access to a few Google Cloud instances, and sometimes my private VPS. Accessing the Google Cloud instances is fine, so far.

I found a weird bug when accessing my VPS. When I clicked my VPS profile, a dialog:
"Core Shell wants to use your confidential information stored in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in your keychain."

appeared. Both my VPS and local Mac OS passwords didn't work. I deleted and recreate the profile (there are no private key & certificate used). The same dialog still appear. So I have to click "Deny" a few times after another password dialog appears. Then I type in my VPS password and succesfully logged in.

Weird, because this didn't happen before.

Hi Andre,

Could you please Keychain Access and search for the item "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"?

And then navigate to the "Access Control" tab of the item information panel:

If the key item was created correctly, then the Access Group for it should be:

E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.passwords

Kindly Regards,

Yang

I found 2 entries related to that IP (which is Digital Ocean's), so deleted them.

Because my VPS instance was rebuilt, I had to delete the old SSH key from ~/Users/<user>/.known_hosts and created another one by trying to SSH it. Done. SSH access works fine.

Now on Core Shell... it doesn't even ask for my password. Eventually you'll see this

[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.00]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.04]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.08]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.12]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.16]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.20]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.24]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.28]
[Abnormal Disconnect 1 Jan 2021 09.13.33]

Yes, both IP and port (22) are already correct. Strangely, SSH-ing all my Google Cloud VMs work fine.

If you do not have Core Helper installed, then the known_hosts file locates here:

~/Library/Group Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.ssh/.ssh/known_hosts

Please try removing entries in that file. If it still not work for you, try set Log Level to DEBUG3:

And attached the full connection log.

If ssh command line works fine, then Core Shell should function after Core Helper installed.

Happy new year to you!

Kindly Regards,

Yang