In order to work with authentication agent, system configurations and other advanced features, you must install Core Helper.
How to install?
- Download Core Helper Installer application using the link below.
- When the download is complete, launch Core Helper Installer by double-clicking it.
- After Core Helper has been installed, enable the features you want.
Why is this necessary?
The apps on the Mac App Store must be sandboxed, it means they can’t communicate with other apps so there is no way to access authentication agent (like ssh-agent) in the App Store version of Core Shell / Core Tunnel. We have introduced an optional Helper tool which makes Core Shell / Core Tunnel work with authentication agent (e.g. ssh-agent, gpg-agent), system configurations and other advanced features.
The first time you turn on one of those features, it will prompt you to download the Core Helper. The Core Helper only runs when you make a shell / tunnel connection.
It’s safe to uninstall the Core Helper, however, all features rely on it will be disabled after uninstallation.
To uninstall Core Helper, follow these steps:
- Open the Terminal application, type in launchctl unload
~/Library/LaunchAgents/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.helper.plistand press Enter to unload Core Helper.
- Run command
rm -rf ~/Library/LaunchAgents/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh.helper.plistto remove the plist file.
- Delete the app using command
rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/E78WKS7W4U.io.coressh/io.coressh.Helper.app.